Croce is some great stuff. Nothing much better when you need to smile or cry. It may be the same song that makes you do both.
What an amazing, beautiful thing music is, and how hollow the world would be without it. For the last week or so, my life has been kind of turned upside down, and it has gotten me into a really bad "blue funk" as I call it. How nice it is to sit in a quiet house listening to my favorite artist of all time, the late Jim Croce, and playing alongside him with my beautiful acoustic guitar that elp6n got me last Christmas. His music has always brought me a peaceful easy feeling, and after no time at all, I was smiling, singing Walking To Georgia (my fav of his) along with him. I think that that's a little dose of therapy that this ol soul of mine needed. Things aren't groovy, but I'll be all right.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Croce is some great stuff. Nothing much better when you need to smile or cry. It may be the same song that makes you do both.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
One of the greatest songwriters to ever grace the planet. The man wrote I'll have to say I love you in less than 5 minutes. He and Ingrid had gotten in a spat and he stormed downstairs to his basement, frustrated that he didn't have the words for her, and he just closed his eyes and let the words flow. I envy folks that can do that in song and poetry so much. What a wonderful gift.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Leroy Brown waltzed thru the shop today. I caught the air compressor running and gave a crack to singing, long as the noise drown me out. Croce, SRV, Skynyrd, Otis Redding, Hendrix. Just a few that have crossed my mind in the last few days that stopped singing way too soon.
I could rattle out You don't mess around with Jim when I was 3. Mom and dad used to get a kick out of it. That's a tough song to rattle out for a 3 year old.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
You are leaving out Buddy Holly as well. Good God what a songwriter. Had he not perished way too soon, Lord only knows how many more #1's he would have had.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I left out plenty. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You gotta realize that I'm pickin up after Gargamel (at work), the guy from "Smurfs". He brings things in just as fast as I can patch'em up. I was kinda trying to think of music and spare the guys life. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bookmarks